Movies. The single greatest conversation starter in the world.
"Did Crash really deserve Best Picture?"
"What would you have done differently if you were Scorsese?"
"I think Inception is the most well-thought out movie ideas ever!"
These are conversations that people begin every day because of MOVIES!
My name is Leo Brady. I am a 26-year-old male. I live with my girlfriend, Christina, and our two dogs. For the past 2 years I have put together a list in alphabetical order (starting with numerical movies) of every movie I have ever seen. Starting from (500) Days of Summer all the way to Zoolander. For each movie that is listed, I give my own personal rating of that movie. The rating system is your typical movie review, with the lowest being any negative amount of stars and the highest being 4 stars. Since the beginning of this list I have taken a side-by-side journey with Roger Ebert. Ebert, a world famous movie critic for the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper who gained his fame from his TV show, At The Movies, reviewing movies with his late best friend Gene Siskel. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down! You all remember.
My name is Leo Brady. I am a 26-year-old male. I live with my girlfriend, Christina, and our two dogs. For the past 2 years I have put together a list in alphabetical order (starting with numerical movies) of every movie I have ever seen. Starting from (500) Days of Summer all the way to Zoolander. For each movie that is listed, I give my own personal rating of that movie. The rating system is your typical movie review, with the lowest being any negative amount of stars and the highest being 4 stars. Since the beginning of this list I have taken a side-by-side journey with Roger Ebert. Ebert, a world famous movie critic for the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper who gained his fame from his TV show, At The Movies, reviewing movies with his late best friend Gene Siskel. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down! You all remember.
After every movie I see I converse with Christina (or whomever I saw the movie with) about what we just saw and what we thought about the movie as a whole. I will give my review to her, document it on the list, and then proceed to my Smartphone or iPad using the IMDB Application, where I read Ebert’s review and determine whether I agree with him or not.
I work Monday through Friday 9-5-sometimes till 8 and sometimes weekends. Even with a busy work schedule you would be surprised how many films you can watch when you are committed to the movies! Sure, maybe some will think I am wasting my money because it can get expensive sitting in a movie theater once a week, but what else am I going to do? Besides- I love Movies! Ever since my World Cinema class in College I have been hooked. I am enjoying every minute watching a great art form known as Cinema!
![]() |
| Movie man Roger Ebert |
Even though this is a project that is already a year and a half running- it is still a very young idea. I think it is safe to assume that there are many people out there blogging about the films they have seen. Many people have Blogs, just about everyone has a Facebook page, and anyone who goes to the movies has an opinion about what they have seen. What is different about MY blog is that I am incredibly passionate about movies---to the point where I will not discriminate between WHICH movies I will see---and I will be comparing my personal reviews to the reviews given by Mr. Two Thumbs Up himself, Roger Ebert.
Please read. Please comment.
My greatest hope for this project is that, like movies, this blog will entertain and become something we can all talk about. HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!
Please read. Please comment.
My greatest hope for this project is that, like movies, this blog will entertain and become something we can all talk about. HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!


I love this! And you are the right person to review movies. Take it from personal experience that you never miss a line, are always open to interpretation, and value the opinion's of others. Your movie reviews are my favorite because you give your review, and then you see what Ebert says. You stick to your guns, but you respect what he says and discuss how you and he differ. You are original, and that's why this is worth reading :-)
ReplyDelete